BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– The Platters and the Coasters booked into WestchesterBroadway Theatre in Elmsford Valentine’s Day Tuesday February 14th for a dinner concert. the Platters, one of the top vocal groups of the Fifties and the Coasters, supreme comedians of Rock and Roll. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Passion, Possibilities and Yellow Stockings abound in Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night,” Thursday, February 9 at Nyack College, Nyack at 7:30 p.m. in Paddington Hall. 45 South Broadway. Free admission. 845-675-4420 for tickets for reserved seating. Presented by Elements Theatre Company.
– On February 19, Loretta Hagen debuts new CD “Mud and Stone” hosted by Borderline Music Club, New City at New City Ambulance Corps Building 200 Congers Road. Tickets at 845-354-4586.
– Singersongwriter Suzanne Vega will be at RCC Cultural Arts Center Friday, February 3 at 8 p.m. Tickets at 1-866-811-4111.
– Celebration of Black Poetry (Black History Month) Spoken Word and Music, February 3 and 25, 8 p.m. and February 5 and 26, 3 p.m. at the Nyack Village Theatre featuring the works of Nikki Giovnni, James Baldwin, Langston Hughes and Neale Hurston.
– ArtsRock and Tappan Zee High School Drama program present Voices of Radio with Elliot Forrest(WQXR and WNYC), Brian Lehner(WYNC), Brooke Gladstone(WNYC) and John Hockenberry (WNYC and PRI) Saturday March 31 at 7:30 p.m. at Tappan Zee High School in Orangeburg. Tickets at 1-866-811-4111.
– New York Philharmonic with Tracy Dahl Saturday July 7 and NY Doo Wop Extravaganza 111 Saturday July 14th at Bethel Wioods center For Performing Arts. Tickets on sale February 6 at 1-800-745-3000.
– Singers Wanted!!! Join the Hudson Lyric Opera Company for a special performance of “The Lost Words Of Christ”, an oratorio by Theodore Dubois, Saturday March 31 at the United Methodist Church, 47 East Main Street in Stony Point. All voices needed for rehearsals starting Wednesdy, March 7. Call 845-709-2273 or E mail [email protected]
– At Nyack Village Theater, Ric Silers Old Hickory Hillbilly gothic theatre. A play about a man who has two problems, his exwife and his knife. February 10, 11 and 12 at 8 p.m. and February 14, 9 p.m.
– Big River opens February 2nd at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. Join Huckleberry Finn and a host of colorful characters on a journey down the Mississippi River. Score by Roger Miller. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.