BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Trans-art & Cultural Services celebrating its 12th Annual Jazz Festival In The Valley August 18 and 19 at Waryas Park on the Waterfront.Poughkeepsie at noon.Featuring the “Cookers,” “We Four,” “Swiss Movement Revisited,” “Helen Sung Trio” and “Zan Del Barrio.” Tickets at 845-384-6350 or transartinc.org.
– Rockland Theatre Company and Haverstraw Police Athletic League present “Footloose” Thursday July 26 at 7 p.m.. Friday, July 27 at 7 p.m. and Saturday July 28 at 2 and 7 p.m. at Fieldstone School, Thiells. Tickets at 845 548 6699 or the Photo Shoppe 845-942-1103 or [email protected] “Footloose” follows “Once Upon A Time” that drew more than 100 last Thursday at Fieldstone, a musical fantasy well done and directed by Barry Sabino and presented by Rockland Theatre Company and the Haverstraw PSAL.
– Free On The Lawn Summer Concerts continue at Sugar Loaf Crossing, Orange County with Chuck Shaeffer(rockabilly) and Loretta Hagen Thursday July 26, 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.
– Three’s Company actor Richard Kline and Beth Fowler head the cast in “Don’t Talk To The Actors” opening at Pengun Rep, Stony Point August 3. Tickets at 845-786-2843 or penguinrep.org.
– The piano-men, Jeff Scott as Elton John, and Jeff Brewer as Billy Joel, at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford July 28 at 6:15 p.m. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Cruisin’ For Kids at North Rockand High School, August 4, with Ricky Romano and the Flat Five, many classic autos, food, drinks games and raffles. Beneft for the Gabrielle DiCarlo and family of Stony Point. $20 per car.
– Talented teens at Elmwood Playhouse, Nyack Sunday July 29. Songs and dance from Broadway shows. Tickets at elmwoodplayhouse.co or 845-353-1313.
– “Sound Of Music” by the James Naissmith Performing Arts Program at Emwood Payhouse, Nyack through August 3. Information at elmwoodplayhouse.com or 845-353-1313.
– The Turning Point Cafe, Piermont hosts comic Kevin Meaney August 10 presented by Jamie Rosen and Openwide Productions.Tickets at openwideproductions.com or at the cafe.
– Music of the colonists and the British of Revolutionary times at Fort Montgomery State Historic Site Saturday August 18 at 7 p.m. in Fort Montgomery, Route 9W.
– Smashmouth with Soul Asylum in the Town of Ramapo Summer Concert Series. Tickets at Provident Bank Park or rocklandboulders.com August 17.
– Alive N’ Kickin’ on August 16 at Town Of Haverstraw Summer Concerts (free). In The Pocket Band August 30.
– Cole Porter’s “Can Can” opens August 30 and runs through Octber 7 at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Kosher Comedy Tour “Laughing From Left To Right” at SUNY, Rockand Community College Saturday, September 22. Tickets at Penguinrep.org or 845-786-2843.
– Antrim Playhouse to showcase “The Sunshine Boys,” “I Hate Hamlet,” “Damn Yankees,” “Dividing The Estate,” “Other People’s Money,” and “Doubt” in their 76th season starting in April.