BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Spring is in the air with the coming of Footloose to be performed by Rockland Community College of Campus Players and the performing arts at 8 p.m. April 11, 12, and 13 and a matinee at 2 p.m. on April 14 with proceeds from the matinee to go to Autism Speaks. Tickets at RCC website or 845-574-4244.
– Bold beats and folk icons, hand-crafted delicacies and gorgeous produce, unexpected art installations and an old school working waterfront all promised for Clearwater’s Great Hudson River Revival June 15-16 to unite major musical figures and green activism and building a creative community in one of the most scenic spots on the Hudson, Croton-on-Hudson.Pete Seeger and many more great artists performing. Information at 203-428-6720 or [email protected].
– Antrim Playhouse with the musical blockbuster Damn Yankees coming in a few weeks has put out a call for volunteers to help with hospitality and boarding the house, assistance in decorating the theatre, parking assistance at each performance and light cleaning of the theatre between performances. At the performances Antrim will be selling hot dogs, peanuts and popcorn and there will be baseball ticket giveaways on Friday nights and the theater wil be decorated to resemble a baseball stadium says Marty Andreas, president of the Antrim Players, Andreus says it is critical that Antrim get the help to make Damn Yankees a success. Contact Marty at [email protected] or 845-664-0689. Damn Yankees at Antrim April 12 through May 12 weekends with Sunday matinees.
– Celebrate the Beatles Friday, March 22 at 7:30 p.m. at the Nyack Library 59 South Broadway, Nyack. Beatle music featuring Doug Wamble, Mark Sganga and Jeff Doctorow and surprise guests. The Guitar Magic series presented by ArtsRock and Carnegie Room Concerts. Tickets at ArtRock.org or CarnegieRoom.org.
– The Belmonts coming to Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford Tuesday, May 21 with Angelo D’Aleo, Warren Gradus and Dan EllioTickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com. Ricky Nelson remembered by his sons Mathew and Gunnar Monday June 3.
– St. Peter’s Passion Players present the Passion of Our Lord Friday, March 22 at 7:30 p.m. New scenes, new songs, come feel his presence at St. Peter’s School’s gym at 21 Ridge Street, Haverstraw.
– David Hyde Pierce in conversation with Elliot Forrest Sunday, April 14 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lafayette Theatre, Suffern. Tickets at ArtRock.org.
– Guys and Dolls opens April 11 at the Westchester Broadway Theatre to be followed by The Sound Of Musis, Olver, Kiss Me Kate and White Christmas. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– Squabbles by Marshall Karp opens at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack May 17 running weekends through June 8. Tickets at 845-353-1313 or elmwoodplayhouse.com. To be followd by I Love You, You’rePerfect, Now Change.
– Taking Woodstock at the Bethel Arts Center April 6 and Some Like It Hot May 4 in their Spring film series. Tickets at BethelWoodsCenter.org or 845-295-2060.
– On April 7, the Three Sopranos, Margeret Young, Lisa Spielman and Julie Wendholt at Elmwood Playhouse, Nyack, songs from Broadway and Opera stages. A Spring Songfest. Tickets at 845-353-1313 or elmwoodplayhouse.com.
– The Seven Last Words Of Christ by Theodore DuBois to be performed by the Hudson Lyric Opera Saturday, March 23 at 3 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church, Stony Point. Tickets at 845-709-2273.