Three Families Displaced by Fire at Park Lane in Monsey

A fire at 92 Park Lane in Monsey has displaced three families, Ramapo Police Department informed the public Tuesday.

Police and Monsey Fire Department personnel responded to a report of a house fire at the address in Monsey and found flames coming out of a kitchen window of one unit in a multi-family dwelling.

Monsey Fire Department was assisted by the Tallman and Hillcrest Fire Departments in extinguishing the blaze. No injuries were reported, but the building’s power was turned off as the electrical system is being repaired from damage caused by the fire.

The fire was sparked by a stove in the kitchen which was outfitted with commercial equipment against code.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login