Rockland County marked Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week with a special recognition ceremony for outstanding EMS workers in the county. The awards ceremony was held May 21 at the Rockland County Fire Training Center in Pomona.
“Every day countless lives are saved by the hundreds of EMS providers in our community,” said County Executive Ed Day. “This week is dedicated to the recognition of those providers who respond day and night to assist our residents in their time of need.”
This year’s awardees include:
- Thomas Suffern for Basic Life Support Provider of the Year
- Nicholas Cavalieri for Advanced Life Support Provider of the Year
- Yohanna Henriquez for Youth Member of the Year
- Sloatsburg Volunteer Ambulance Corps for EMS Agency of the Year
- Debra Stewart for EMS Leadership Award
- Michael Murphy for EMS Educator of Excellence
- Joseph Delucia for EMS Communications Specialist of the Year
- Christine Nugent for Registered Professional Nurse of Excellence
- Jeffrey Rabrich for Physician of Excellence
- Rockland County EMS, Rockland Paramedic Service and Rockland County Police Academy for Excellence in EMS Quality and Safety (collaborative award)
- Kim Lippes for Commissioner of Health Award of Excellence
Rockland County EMS Coordinator Kim Lippes presented Rockland County EMS Member of the Year awards to each EMS Agency and trophies to the winners of the Youth Competition that was also held that day. Criteria and eligibility for each of the Countywide EMS Recognition Awards are set by the New York State Department of Health.
For more information about volunteering call the County EMS Office at 845-364-8923.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login