BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Shades Repertory Theatre in Haverstraw has a fall festival of one act plays showing Friday, September 19 and Saturday, September 20, 8 p.m. at the theater at New Main Street and Hudson Avenue. Director Samuel Harps says the plays are “Birds Can Fly Away” by Marjorie Conn, “Up Down and Out” by Joe McDonald, “Thursday She Irons” by Wayne Paul Mattingly, “Crossing” by Misha T. Sinclair and “Dad’s Day” by Pat O’Connor. Acting in the plays will be Kristian Comer, Cynthia Granville, Jamie Garrabrant, Noreen Galluchi, Michael Herman, Taku Hirai, Akika Hiroshima, Emily Schepker, Amanda Tonnessan, Gary Craig, Mark Herman, Deacon Hoy and Joy Stern. information at shadesrep.com or 845-675-8044.
– The Tappan Players at the Barn are presenting “George Washington Slept Here” at the historic Manse Barn. Information at [email protected] or 914-671-1643.
– “Playing The Assassin” a story of football violence opens Friday, September 19 at Penguin Rep Cricketown Road in Stony Point. Tickets at penguinrep.org or 845-786-2873.
– “Twelve Angry Jurors” opens at the Tom France Theatre at Antrim Playhouse on Spook Rock Road in Wesley Hills, Friday, September 19. Tickets at antrimplayhouse.com.
– Sol Zeller, president of the Borderline Folk Music Club, says he and his wife will be relocating to Florida. They will produce two more concerts before leaving: Sunday, October 19 with Marci Geller and Jim Colbert and Sunday, November 16 with Sloan Wainwright and Davey O. A special meeting has been called for Monday, October 27 at 6:30 p.m. at the Zeller house to see if there will be volunters to take over and keep the club going.
– ArtsRock season 2014-15 season will feature Sir James Galway, Andy Golub the Bodypainter, a celebration of Paul Simon, Four Family shows, a Big Band Holiday Concert and a Tom Chapin birthday celebration. Scheduling and information at artsrock P.O. Box 875, Nyack,N.Y. 10960 or 855-901-7173.
– The Cast of Beatlemania will play at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Tuesday, September 30. Make Me Laugh Comedy Night takes place Monday, October 6. “South Pacific” opens on Mainstage at WBT September 25.
– Anita Brown Jazz Orchestra at Trumpets Jazz Club and Restaurant, Montclair, New Jersey, October 29 at 7:30 p.m. Information at [email protected]
– Kashmir, a tribute to Led Zeppelin group at Newton, New Jersey Theatre, March 28. Tickets on sale Friday, September 19 at 11 a.m. Call 973-383-3700.
– The Todd Wolfe Band with organist John Ginty at the Turning Point Cafe, Piermont Saturday, September 27 at 9 p.m. Tickets at the Cafe.